Wow! Where did the time go! It’s already mid-September and the fall/winter holidays will be before us sooner than we think! Only three months left of the year!
Goals have always been a hard thing for me, but I’ve gotten better at adopting habits to help reach them over the year. I don’t even think I made New Year’s Resolutions at the beginning of the year, but I’ve been constantly making new goals throughout.
Even in three months a lot can change, and I’m focusing my energy on making things happen for me. The year has been crazy for me. Graduating university, losing a loved one, the piling student loans coming to my doorstep, and so much more! Yet, no matter how crazy life can become we must not let anything deter us from our goals, our vision. I have so many desires and dreams I wish to pursue, and I definitely do not plan on keeping them as images in my head.
How can one stay motivated and positive, even when the world seems to be throwing you away from your desired destination!? Make a plan filled with progressive steps to your end result! Focus on the journey, the little things that are bringing you closer to your destination. Even when life pushes you off your path or drains your needed resources, never lose sight of what you desire. It is definitely easy to become depressed or unhopeful when faced with a set back in income or even time, but we must never let these unfortunate times convince us that our dreams are dead. If anything we should be further motivated by external forces trying to stop us! Why? Because we are strong!
Stay motivated and true to yourself, and never let anyone or anything but you put your dreams or goals to rest. There are only two reasons why you should let your goals go.
- You already achieved it/them!
- Your mindset has changed and your goals are in need of some renovation.
For the remainder or the year I am focusing on positivity and progress! I am setting myself with small goals that will help me adopt healthy and consistent habits to dance my way through to 2016 on good solid feet. Here are a few goals I’m aiming for by the end of 2015:
- Pay off half my student loans (YIKES! I know!) & my credit card bill.
Improve my running abilities! Ideally I would love to just get back to my original PRs (10 min mile/ 30 min 5k) but would LOVE to be faster than that!
- Start up my fitness again by working out daily throughout the Tone It Up Fit For Fall challengeThen at least 3-4x a week afterwards!
- Get organized and clean out my storage items/wardrobe.
- Adopt a budget and save money!
- Enjoy the holidays but prevent that Black Friday Splurge!
- Find a company and position I’m proud of.
- Read a book (because I haven’t in so long!)
- Volunteer at least once before the year ends
What are some things you would like to accomplish/achieve before the final countdown to 2016!?