The new feeling of a new month always excites me, but also unsettles me. I dislike to think of time moving so fast forward, but am always excited to set up for a positive and productive new month ahead!
Weekly Chase Goals
I’ve set a habit of re-writing my top ten 2016 goals every week. I do this without looking at the previous week’s goals in order to keep my current priorities and ambitions in mind. At first I had a few differences in one or two goals from week to week, but lately I have found them to remain consistent. Perhaps I have finally found my golden ticket to success: living the life I envision through accomplishing the goals I set.
- Pay off my student loans of $7K by June
- Develop a routine/schedule/budget to enjoy life more
- Live clutter-free by decluttering/cleaning 2x a month
- Build my running endurance & speed to a30 minute/< 5k time
- Build strength and complete a full push-up and pull-up by 2017
- Grow my blog by blogging 3x a week & visiting 2 bloggers daily
- Pursue a career in fitness by helping 3 people a month reach their goals
- Develop healthy eating habits w/weeklymeal prepping and planning
- Create balance w/ daily mediation, weekly yoga/pilates practice
- Learn new skills starting with practicing Spanish daily
This past week was quite rough for me. I had been in a slump in motivation for awhile and had finally climbed myself out at the start of the week. I was excitedly ready to take on the 3 Day Refresh for the first time. I had my meal plan ready, with fresh groceries in the fridge. Day one went well until the first night, I found myself consumed by the flu bug that had been going around at my office. Sadly I found myself without an appetite and stomach pains. The next few days was filled with nausea, fevers, coughing, and headaches.
I had planned on a few light exercises like yoga or stretching but found myself bundled up on the couch with water. I had hoped to be 100% by the start of the new week, but am still feeling quite feverish and lightheaded most of the time still. Being sick is definitely no fun.
My plans for this week were to begin the start of the 21 Day Fix program, something I’m still hoping to do. As well as restart my 5k training program after being set back in runs because of being ill. Definitely hoping for a more active week ahead!
Have you been affected by the flu this season?
What are some actions you take to getting over sickness faster?